Friday 25 November 2011

The Puppy

A few days ago a child came to see Santa. I was on the back till paying little attention to what was going on. There was a bit of commotion in the shopping centre. I looked up to see a man holding a gold box with a hole in the top. Something was moving. As the man came closer I realised it was a tiny puppy, and that the man was heading for the grotto.


As the child was sitting talking to Santa about what she wanted for Christmas the man snuck past me. The child looked up to see her dad holding what she'd just asked for. They all got a photo together and away they went.


A little while later the child's mother reappeared with another box. This time it was for us, Santa and his helpers, and contained many flavours of delicious chocolate. There was a card thanking us for helping them make their visit to Santa and the arrival of the puppy so special.


I felt a little guilty as at no time during the proceedings was I fully aware of what was going on. I have continued daily to eat the chocolates none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment